Equipment for your workshop is not as simple as buying one simply because the requirements say so. Putting up a workshop by including the best sliding compound miter saw available in the market today brings up the question “Best by which parameters?”. You need a list of reviews of best sliding miter saw in order to come up with that decision.
Discover Top Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw!
Huge Discount Available!
Ultimate Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw Guide
Miter Cut/ Bevel Cut/ Cutting Capacity
DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
0°-50° L, 0°-60° R/
ore 187 Reviews
Hitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser
0°-46° L, 0°-57° R/
More 55 Reviews
0°-60° L, 0°-52° R/
More 95 Reviews
Makita LS1016L 10-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser
0°-52° L, 0°-60° R/
More 68 Reviews
Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
0°-47° L, 0°-57° R/
More 61 Reviews
Advatages of Using Sliding Compound Miter Saw compared
- A compound miter saw gets pulled down to cut and lifted up when done. Convenience is easily seen as the reason behind the innovation from a compound miter saw to a sliding compound miter saw as listed below with their advantages. For example, a compound miter saw gets to cut wood by pulling down the head of the saw towards the slate or block of wood on the cutting rack. That means pushing the wood towards the blade in for the cut.
- A sliding compound miter saw gets pulled up and down and forward and backwards. This is in contrast to using a sliding compound miter saw when cutting wood. Some variants even give you the advantage of pulling the head towards the edge of the wood slate to be cut and let the tool’s head slide or glide from one edge to the other edge of the slate during the cutting process. It’s the blade that you push to the wood secured in the rack as opposed to the wood pushed to the blade.
Reviews of 5 Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw
1. Dewalt DWS780 12-inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter SawDewalt DWS780 12-inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Image 2 Dewalt DWS780 12-inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
When features explain better the concept or design in connection to the benefits, this saw here can manage to make those two meet halfway. A sliding compound miter saw that helps you collect dust and still cut cleanly based on your specifications is a good tool to rely on not only for helping you achieve a slicker finish but also with causing as less dirt as possible while working.
Most tools of this variant are compact enough but not as economical the moment the power cord is mentioned. It doesn’t interfere with the cut by being positioned behind.This issue might come across as familiar to you if you remember some incidents of the cord cutting cut by accident because it got too close to the blade or to the wood you’re trying to cut. With better engineering design applied on this variant, cutting without worrying about the power cord becomes possible. You don’t get distracted when trying to finishing cutting works.
The mass is neither too light nor too heavy – just weighs 56 pounds. It is small enough to be carried around but packed enough to deliver heavy duty tasks with ease.
Rating: 4.6/5 stars.
Read Full Review
2. Hitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with LaserHitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Image 2 Hitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser
The strength of this saw is in the user-friendly features that would ease cutting jobs on the part of beginners into carpentry. Not that it’s allowable in some schools with units offered in similar arts but at least the moment you shift into higher gear, pun intended, an equipment like this becomes available.
Knobs that make it easier for angle arrangements to be applied before going for the cut entice the equipment-dependent workers too – the kind that depend more on the equipment than the word done using bare hands. Laser-marker technology comes very handy for better precision.
Now the laser technology helps you cut wood precisely by letting you turn it on even when the blade is still not in motion. It helps you focus better on targeting the right angle to cut on wood whether it’s a straight cut or an angular one. This is even supported by a skid-proof handle that lets you control the tool without the fear of slipping away in the middle of a cutting job.
This saw helps you prolong the life of its utility by having a dust bag that collects enough dust to keep your workstation clean.
Rating: 4.4/5 stars.
Read Full Review
3. Makita LS1016L 10 inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with LaserMakita LS1016L 10 inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser Image 2 Makita LS1016L 10 inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser
One mind-blowing feature it has as a sliding compound miter saw is the laser. If your concern usually rests on trying to cut the right side or angle of the wood, the laser beam guides you to it. It gets better angling when you try to match the tool’s laser with the pencil outline you just drew.
As a sliding compound miter saw, rigidity is guaranteed meaning more manageable tension during cutting and better cuts applied on wood. Thanks to the trademarked 4-steel rail sliding system secured. It makes cutting wood at whatever angle achievable, slick and neat.
The sliding feature of this saw helped add a retractable interface to the way it can glide through the wood that you’re trying to cut. Pull the head towards you and it comes easy without affecting the tension or rigidity needed to cut wood. Whether cutting it straight or going angular in cutting wood, vertically cutting wood comes easy.
This sliding compound miter saw guarantees deep exact cutting technology that causes slicker and cleaner cuts whatever woodwork is required of the task at hand. The larger cutting capacity is owed from this tool’s compact rear design.
Rating: 4/5 stars.
Read Full Review
4. Dewalt DW717 10 inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter SawDewalt DW717 10-inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Dewalt DW717 10-inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
This on the other hand ensures better cuts applied on wood first with horizontal steel rails that help securing the wood in its place as you try to cut it. Innovative clamping mechanism helped in putting the wood in its place as you cut through it from 2 angles.
Accuracy is also explained with thecrosscut stop positions that this saw brand has patented on their saws. Quite technical to understand in terms of explaining how power tools like these can be better than compound miter saws. But it usually refers to the cuts on wood that the job requires.
Versatility in a sliding compound miter saw can only be proven the moment you need to cut wood at various angles. Adjustable stainless steel miters help in cutting wood through its 11 positive stops.
Even the miter handle is easy to adjust, making it convenient to hold the tool and arrange it depending on the kind of angle desired. It even helps you handle over-sized moldings – suitable for a range of cross-cutting needs that arise in the middle of your tasks. From the head to the angling to the wood rack, you’re rest assured of accurate cuts.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars.
Read Full Review
5. Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2 inch Sliding Compound Miter SawMakita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-inch Image 2 Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-inch
Cutting wood usually ensures safety when done inwards or, if you’re facing the sliding compound miter saw with the wood secured, that would be cutting wood in a direction opposite your direction. This is an advantage usually seen in them as opposed to plain compound miter saws.
As for this saw, it has some skills retained from the compound miter saws like the ability to cut through wood at 2 x 12 at 90 degrees and 2 x 8 at 45 degrees. So just tilt the saw and only a 4-inch difference is seen once used on wood.
The compact design serves as an interesting contrast to the cutting power it delivers when it comes to carpentry. It sounds practical too knowing that carpentry work can go remote and some tools had to be taken on location for the cutting jobs to be done right on the spot.
This tool readily comes to mind as one of the top choices for carpenters specializing in remodeling and installing. The number of linear bearings installed here ensures that the blade won’t tilt where it shouldn’t be and helps smoother transition from cutting from side to side.
Rating: 4.5/5 stars.
Read Full Review