The DEWALT DWS782 provides you with a 12 inch blade, which is one of the larger models for a miter saw. It comes with 15 amps of current and a 3800 RPM motor. Without a doubt, this thing won’t have issues shaping your wood. It is also a dual bevel, so you are going to be able to make cuts at greater angles than you could with a single bevel miter saw.
Here are a few features that make it worth a look:
There may be some of you that have issue with slipping. With this DEWALT, you don’t need to worry about that. You fill find 10 different adjustable stops which will allow you to lock it and get the job done. And with the dual bevel, you are going to be able to do it on both sides. You will be able to handle any angle you through at it. For those people who don’t need angles right away, most people who just want a straight 90 degree or 45 degree cut have said that it does good out of the box for those.
The tail sliding fence allows for crown modings up to 7 /12” and for base modlings up to 6 3/4”. Other customers have used other blades with the DWS782 and had no issues at all with compatibility. It does get a little jerky when you first start it up, however. It pays to start off slow so it stays stable at higher speeds. Once your there, everything should be good to go.
- Dust Collection. Built in dust collection mechanisms make clean-up a breeze.
- Dual Bevel. Dewalt makes a great double bevel. You can be certain you can hit all the angles you need for any complex cuts.
- Portability. This thing is compact. The lightweight frame makes it easy to pack up and store wherever you want.
- Once you get the fence set to square with the blade, if stays there pretty well. The miter rotation is simple to change and is quite accurate for most all projects, including frames. The locks make it easy to stay in place.
- You get a lot of power with this to shape your wood however you want with no slowdown in sight.
- Getting things setup are quick and easy with the 10 positive stop options. It is simple to get up and running.
While it is portable, it is also pretty heavy. If you don't have a lot of strength you may be one of the ones who has issues moving it around.
Here is what the customers are saying about it!
Unpacking DWS782 – Here is what you get:
- 15 Amp and 3800 RPM Motor
- Dust collection system
- Supports base modling up to 6 3/4 ” and crown molding up to 7 1/2 ”.
- 60 degree right and 70 degree left angles
- Adjustable with 10 positive stops
- 3 year limited warranty and 1 year service contract
While pricey, the DEWALT DWS782 is worth the purchase. The adjustability of it makes it completely worth it. Every part of it is adjustable and it allows you to make some great cuts in some tough conditions. Even with all of the adjustments, most people are able to use it straight out of the box, so you may not even need to wait to get going with it. If you need to change it later, of course you can do that. We give the DWS782 a great recommendation.